Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I Have No Idea What Week this is... :)

The week this week was tough because of all of the people that dropped us suddenly last week but with every fall there is always a rise! We were teaching Devon who will be baptized this Saturday and Anthony who was baptized last month and their Grandma who is recently reactivated. After the lesson we asked what we can do to help. That is something I started doing at the very beginning of my mission any time I said bye to anyone. I didn't think much of it but the Burkmans told me when they left that I was the only missionary to do that every single time we saw them and that it meant a lot. Since then I have made a conscious effort to ask every single time. I have not asked like twice and Elder Kiriaka called me on it both times. So anyways I asked what we could do to help and she said "teach my son Harris, He wants to learn and be baptized". Of course we were happy to do that! We set a time to teach him! 

We volunteered at the food bank one morning this week and it was super fun! It is nice to wear service clothes and still be doing good "missionary work" sometimes! We also had Zone Training Meeting this week and it was really good! We focused on working with the members of the church and having us as missionaries excited about member works, and the members excited about missionary work! This weekend I conducted and exchange with Elder Bennett. So every transfer I am supposed to go on an exchange with the zone leaders and every Elder in my district so on Saturday I spent the full day proselyting with Elder Bennett. We worked in his area and had a bunch of success. We had one special experience where we stopped by a mans house and his neighbor told us he was in the hospital. We got to go see him and give him a blessing. We didn't plan on meeting with him, we just wanted to set a lesson but we felt the need to talk and bless him. We were there way longer than planned and so we ended up being late to the adult session of stake conference. We walked into the chapel and I look at the stand and see president Craig. President Craig is huge on being on time so if ever someones heart dropped to the floor it was mine. I think you could hear it drop. it was a great meeting and as the end he came and talked to us and as he approached Elder Bennett and I he said "well there is a dynamic duo!". Obviously he wasn't mad and we explained that we were giving a blessing and he said "Oh I wasn't concerted, my only concern was that the two of you might get translated and I'd be down two good missionaries!" It was the best, I love President Craig so much! I really want to serve close by him someday. While I was with Elder Bennett Elder kiriaka and Elder Elwood were together and they taught our referral Harris and set a baptismal date with him! The work is progressing here in the Sunrise ward!
Love you all! 

Elder Stewar

No comments:

Post a Comment