Thursday, April 7, 2016

March 21, 2016 - Devon's Baptism!

This week was super great! On Monday President Craig was here and we got to see him and have interviews with him! He is always so positive and encouraging. We got to talk for a bit and I am pretty sure lder Kiriaka and I will be getting separated this transfer because he kept saying stuff that alluded to that. Lucky for us this transfer is 7 weeks instead of the usual 6 because the MTC is now a 3 week stay instead of a 10 day or two week stay. This also means I get to serve 24 months and 1 week! Lucky us! I still cannot comprehend how crazy fast this is all going. Our week was quite consumed with prep for the baptism! We taught Devon every day and he had his interview on Tuesday with Elder Omer and passed with flying colours. On Tuesday we had a specialized training with President and Sister Craig and they trained us on how our thoughts affect our habits, circumstances and ultimately everything. One thing I have focussed on is "what am I thinking about when I don't need to think about anything?". I feel ,like I am very good at staying focussed when we are proselyting but like at meals and before bed I am trying to keep myself unspotted from the world by thinking about the work all the time. 

The baptism went great! Elder Kiriaka baptized and I gave a talk! Devon was so excited but I think Anthony was just as excited for him. I love that family! Devon's primary teacher also gave a talk. It was great! In sacrament meeting his primary teacher gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. We got to stand in the circle! It was very special! Sunday night we had the easter cantata. It was a music festival and we sang in the choir. It was fun but I still don't think I am a choir boy. I am so excited for what is happening in this area now. When I got here we were like the lowest teaching area but now we are one of the busiest in the mission! Hard work is paying off!

Love you all!

Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment