Thursday, April 7, 2016

General Conference as a missionary. :)

This week was great! We stayed very busy so I have nothing that I can complain about! We taught quite a bit again this week but not quite as much as last week because of General conference but that is OK because it is a good reason! W did have a pretty miraculous experience though! We have a new investigator named Emerson who is from the Philippines and he is super solid. I was talking with Brother Macaranas from the other ward who is also fillipino and told him about Emerson. It turns out they are co-workers and very good friends. We invited him to come to a lesson with us. When we got to the lesson we couldn't find bro Macaranas anywhere. I called him and asked where he was, he was inside visiting with Emerson. About half of the lesson was taught in Tagolog and it went great! Members are the best! 

General conference was so great this weekend! My two favorite conferences have been on my mission because I seem to get so much more out of it. My favorite talks were Elder Andersons, Elder Uchdorfs In Priesthood session, Elder Christofersons, and Elder Hollands! I am so excited to read them all. My favorite ties of the sessions were both of Elder Uchdorfs polka dot ones! I was able to get so into it and I was super sad when each session ended because it was like a meal that was gone too fast. When Elder Kiriaka and I were waiting for the Saturday morning session to start we commented that it was like waiting for the opening kickoff of the Superbowl! Believe me to go along with that analogy It was ran back for a touchdown because President Eyring started off conference with a Stellar talk! On Sunday afternoon we were waiting for the Session to start and the power in all of Northern Regina went off. We always try to set good backup plans but we did not have a good one for Conference, We thought it was a sure thing. Lesson learned I guess. We were also waiting for our investigator Tony at the Church so we couldn't just leave and go to a members house in the south end. At about 2:10 Tony showed up. We told him the problem and we actually headed to his house and watched it there. Tony liked conference more than i did and I didn't know that was possible. He was going crazy when people spoke and especially like Patrick Kearsons on refugees because he is from Nigeria. It was hilarious because He gave us ice cream right before Elder Hollands talk and so when Elder Holland said he was the only thing between us and ice cream Tony shouted "no we had ours, never stop talking!!". Tony's only complaint was that there was not more conference. I am excited to show him on lds.org that you can watch hundreds of hours of conference. It should keep him busy. It was a tender mercy that the power was out at the church and on at his house. 

We got our transfer email today! As I predicted Elder Kiriaka is gone! He is off to Kenora with Elder Barney! I will be staying and so will Elder Bennett. My new companion is Elder Romeril from Mountain view Alberta. He is 5 years older than me and has been out for 7.5 months. It should be fun! Elder Bennett is getting Elder Peck from Utah who has also been out for 7.5 months. I am still the District Leader but am now the Oldest Elder In the District. I feel like an old man now haha. 
Love you all!

Elder Stewart


No comments:

Post a Comment