Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Regina - Jan 11, 2016

So, here I am in Regina, Saskatchewan. I am finishing training Elder Kiriaka. He actually left from Stirling although his family lives in spokane now. Dad set him apart. Crazy.
This week felt like it took forever and a day because we did so much stuff.
Last Monday I found out that I was being transferred and that I had to leave Tuesday morning at 8:00. We did that and drove all day. (literally). !0 hours to Brandon for a Zone Training Meeting. We had a great meeting on Wednesday and then I did a mini exchange with one of the Zone Leaders. We did some knocking on doors and were able to teach 3 lessons! That was pretty sweet. On thursday we drove to Winnipeg so Elder Low could connect with Elder Quinton and I could get in the mission van en route to Regina. The mission van goes through Brandon on the way to Regina so that was a bit pointless. We got to Regina on Thursday night. To my pleasant surprise I learned that we don't have a car in this area, and we are a 40 minute walk from our area because we live in a different set of missionaries area. It makes it fun! I need to find out how to get a bus pass but it is hard to get downtown to get one without a cart or a bus! We plan on figuring that out today. Here in regina we have a couple people investigating the church. I am super excited to meet some more people and get to know the area. We had a great time at church today, it felt a little different than Thompson because there was like 100 people there. Elder Kiriaka is great! We are quite similar and we will get along so well. We both don't really mind the fact that we have to walk everywhere so that makes it way easier. I don't really know what else to say because I don't know the area that well. The area is about the size of lethbridge because it is 1/3 of Regina and I think Regina is about 250 000 people! hopefully we don't freeze! Have a great week! I love all of you.

Elder Stewart



This is the scroll from our Moroni's Quest 2012. Both of their names are in the right column.

No comments:

Post a Comment