Wednesday, March 16, 2016

February 22, 2016 - We got a Car!

Well you guessed it we got a car this week! It is a brand new 2016 Nissan Rogue sport edition. I think I fell in love! For real though, it is so handy because instead of having to bus for an hour and a half just to get into our area to start proselyting we can drive 15 minutes! We got it on Thursday and since then have seen our efficiency increase like crazy! Almost every day this week we had the opportunity to teach Anthony and Devon Nahbexie! Anthony is the 11 year old that I baptised and Devon is his 9 year old cousin. They both live with their Grandma who is recently returned to church. She loves church so much and really only didn't come because she didn't have friends or a ride to church. We were able to fix those problems and now she is an active member with a son who is coming back to church and two grandsons that have either been baptized(Anthony) or are preparing for baptism(Devon). They are such a great family who desire to do what is right so strongly. We are working hard to get the ward to help support them because Devon and Anthony live in a different part of the city than most of the ward so they don't knoiw many people at church. they both have fantastic primary teachers though so it is all good! We also had the opportunity this week to have people billet with us in the midst of transfers. On Wednesday night we had Elder Nielson stay with us. He is Jaxson Toly's cousin so that was kind of fun! On Thursday night we had the opportunity to have Elder Romeril stay with us. He is from Mountain View so that was a fun connection too! Every time I meet another Southern Alberta missionary it just blows my mind again how many of us there are here! Elder Bennett is officially here and it is fun to have him around!

I had a crazy experience this week! On Thursday night the sisters from the other ward told me that they had a surprise baptism with a long time investigator who had been going to church for a long time. Me being in my FIRST DAY as District Leader was asked to conduct the interview. We are supposed to really prepare for the interview for like a week leading up but I had 24 hours so on Friday I spent a lot of timer praying and studying the interview questions and things I could share! It ended up being a fantastic experience for me and I learned so much! I was thinking back to all of the interviews I had ever had and I tried to model it after that so I wouldn't seem like a robot! It went really well and then Elizabeth was baptized on Saturday! I seriously look forward to conducting more in the future because seeing the excitement on their faces to know that they can be baptized is the best feeling! While I interviewed her Elder Elwood and Kiriaka went and taught a turnover lesson. (meaning that the other wards Elders began teaching but he lives in our area so they are turning them over to us to finish teaching). They taught them and on Sunday the whole family came to church. Mom, Dad and 5 kids! It was so good and they stayed for all 3 hours of church! They will be baptized soon I am sure! 
Love you all! 

Elder Stewart

The Rogue!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment