Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Remember the Fast and One Month since Ookarudu - October 10, 2016

This week was one of the fastest weeks of my entire mission. I swear every week goes by faster than the last especially when you are enjoying yourself! This week was a really good one but we struggled with the actual missionary side of things. 
Monday we began our exchange with the Elders in neepawa. I actually got the chance to exchange with Elder Santos, He is from the Philippines and is like 24. He is very mature but has only been on his mission for like 6 months. A bit of a neat connection that we have is that when he came in the mission I was his first district leader over in Regina. He was trained by Elder Bennett so he is very diligent! We had the opportunity to do a bunch of route tracting. This is an idea that Elder Olcott and I had. We were thinking about how we do SO MUCH tracting and we meet thousands of people but and sometimes people even say they may be slightly interested but it is easy to glaze over those people and focus on the "golden family". While that is important it is also important to not look past the small tender mercies of the Lord. So to put it briefly we decided to go through all of the old tracting books (most of which are from Elder Moojalsky I believe) and write down all of the potential people from those books and organize the city into 5 areas and make routs of people to stop by who at one time for one reason or another were interested in the restored gospel and stop by them all. Sadly Elder Olcott got transferred so he will never see the fruits of our organization efforts. To be brutally honest I haven't seen any fruit from it yet either but we will eventually I know it! Elder Santos and I did a bunch of those stop by's and that was good. We also taught a less active guy named Brad and listened to J.Devn Cornish' talk. Straight fire that one was! We also exchanged all day tuesday and taught a few good lessons. One of the best was with a part member families where we read the story of the brother of Jared with them. It is a personal favorite because there are so many applicable principles for everyone. Wednesday was going to be finding all day! Not a single lesson planned or really even looking possible at first but then something crazy happened. Elder Morales (One of the spanish elders) Busted his knee and had to stay in on wednesday so Elder Wintle myself and Elder De Leon had to take shifts with him inside. I hate staying inside... (nothing has changed there). ANyways Elder Morales lived and I got to know him better so that is nice. Probably the biggest struggle of the week has been the weather. It is cold here and all of my winter stuff is in Alberta because I sent it home... Rookie mistake. I am just wearing a sweater and a rain coat and going for it. Don't be surprised if you hear a report of a frozen Elder in Brandon! But Hey the work must go on! I will note though it is 100% my fault because I had all the intent in the world to ask for my stuff to be sent back last week but did not because I am forgetful. 
Friday was MLC and that is always a blast! We had to skype in which isn't as good but it is still good to counsel together as mission leaders. President Craig is so inspired. I am not sure if I mentioned it or not but last week we did a mission wide fast for baptisms in every area this transfer. We are now focussing on remembering the fast and uniting faith as a principle of power with faith as a principle of action to see baptisms. It is working. Two people I taught in Thompson are finally getting baptized this weekend and I got to interview 3 people from Neepawa for baptism too! Maybe Brandon is next?!?!? We are giving a zone training meeting tomorrow on the Atonement. Can you say overwhelming?? We are asked to train on the most sacred and the most important thing in all the church... In all the world sorry. Thank goodness for Russel M nelson and David A bednar in past conference talks. They are clutch. Our baptismal dates did not come to curch so right now we are back to having 0. More to come though! Have a great week and whatever you do make sure you are warmer than I am! ;)

Love Elder Stewart

Eating Balut. He said it wasn't that bad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment