Wednesday, October 26, 2016

I Am A Giant! - September 26, 2016

So as the title shows I am getting huge... Actually I am not but I am 2 inches taller than my new companion! I am loving Brandon still! I think there is a good chance that I will be able to stay here for a very long time but we will see. It was very hard to say bye to Elder Olcott but I am glad he left for his sake because Post-kidnapping Brandon was hard on him. I talked to him last night and he LOVES the the reserve and Elder Quinton despite being from Cardston. (Jk don't put that on the blog). Elder Quinton and I have had 4 of the same companions, it is kind of wild! 

Elder Wintle and I have been working very hard and are determined to draw on the powers of Heaven and Baptize this transfer. We are praying for it in every prayer and are really striving to find the prepared because honestly I feel like the Brandon Area is kind of becoming stagnant. We are tracting so much and we walk around the university so much. It is weird because lots of university students are a year younger than me. Many of them are from out of town or even out of country so a bunch of them have never seen missionaries before. 90% of them still are not interested but hey there is lots of potential. 

We were able to find a bunch of people and set lessons with them for this week so pray for us that we will be able to actually teach them. I am very happy to report that the Lords tender mercies are real and we are still teaching JohnKennedy who is a Nigerian with the same build as OOkarudu. It is just a testimony to me of the Lords care for each of us. Missionaries could have met JohnKennedy at any time but the Lord Knew that I needed it now to protect myself from racism so we met him less than a week after the incident. Miracles have not ceased. Thursday was transfer day and being the Zone Leaders in Brandon we were in charge of the Brandon drop off and pickup on the way east and on the way west. It is amazing how efficient it is. The whole transfer is done in 1 day with a few exceptions but it travels from Saskatoon to Winnipeg and back in like 1 day. It is amazing and we have to be like Nascar pit workers as we unload and reload the luggage. It was crazy because Elder Wilson (Elder Birchalls trainer) went home. It is starting to get real and I am legitimately an old missionary now. Scary stuff. Elder Wintle is enjoying being zone leader. He got a little baptism by fire as we received a text friday night from the Assistants saying "All of the Elders in your zone need to be in Winnipeg at 5:00". But there is a twist... No one has km's to drive in so we need to find everyone a ride in. That was fun but we did it. We had a meeting with all of the priesthood leaders from all of the wards on reworking member missionary home teaching. It is going to be so good. We should get like 4 route assignments each (cross your fingers). 

Mickaela is doing well but is still having some struggles. Keep her in your prayers. Satan is the worst (like you didn't know that already) but he comes from places you never see coming. We did teach a guy named RJ from Mauritius. He came to church and that was great, he is reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. We barely ever teach white people, they are so incredibly prideful, it makes me sad.  It's like "I don't need Jesus, I have money". I am not sure how well that works but people from literally every other part of the world are great and very open. Anyways have a great week. Love you

Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment