Friday, August 19, 2016

Aug 15/16 - Elder Olcott

So this week was transfers and things finally began to pick up a little bit which is great! Elder Timms and I were able to teach a few good lessons before he left but he was pretty excited to get to Saskatoon. Elder Olcott got here on Thursday and we hit the ground running! We were able to teach more that usual, I think it was great to have a fresh look at Brandon. Elder Olcott and I are pretty similar in a lot of ways. He is from Pocatello Idaho and has been out for 17 months which sounds old but is actually not that much longer than me. Freaky stuff. 

We did not have any exchanges this week. I really love exchanges but It is super nice to stay in your area and just find! We found 4 new investigators this week which we are pretty happy with! We did SO MUCH street contacting and tracting! I am salivating because University starts up soon and that provides an easy finding opportunity apparently. We will see what happens! I cannott believe that summer is almost over, like this summer has been the fastest of my life and I did not think that was possible because my high school summers ended so fast that this has to be a record!

Since Elder timms and Elder Olcott just switched places we have a pretty good relationship with the Saskatoon Zone Leaders. We have determined that since we will see them in Winnipeg next week for Elder Von Keetch's training to the leaders in the mission that we will have a friendly competition. Whoever achieves the better indicators this week will win! I am so excited to find and teach! Sometimes a little added competition is all you need to achieve greatness! Just ask Rudy!

On Sunday we had an investigator come to church. His name is Clifford. He walked an hour walk to get there. We don't know why because we had a ride set up! He is on date for baptism on the 3rd of September and he is progressing! Pray for Clifford!

Honestly this is probable the lamest email yet but this week was pretty typical! In My book of Mormon reading O have been reading in Mormon. I really have come to understand better why we have the book of Mormon. It wan't just them keeping history that luckily fell into our hands. The primary purpose is for us in these days. Check out Mormon 8:35!

It seriously blows my mind that summer is coming to an end. Every time I look at my watch it is like crazy what the date is. It goes by way too fast. 

Love you all!

Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment