Friday, August 19, 2016

July 18/16 - Back to...Thompson!!

Great week this week for Elder Timms and I but it was no doubt the worst possible week for the Brandon area. It started a little crazy with us emailing really early last week at about 8:00 am. We rushed through it so that we could hit the road. We were en route to Flin Flon by just before 10:00. (So much for our P-Day). We drove all day alternating between listening to The Joseph Smith lectures by Truman G Madson and "missionary music". It was fun but both of which get a little old after 8 hours. Needless to say we were excited to get to Flin Flon. I think Elder Timms was more excited than I was because he served there! I don't know if anyone remembers this but he was my district leader for my last transfer in Thompson. We exchanged with the Elders there. I went with Elder Coleman who is from Calgary. It was fun because he knows a bunch of the same people as me. We did a ton of tracting and it was POURING again. We got so wet it was just dumb. Every part of us was 100% wet. That was crazy. We stayed that night in Flin Flon and then did personal study there but after personal study we went to THOMPSON!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. It was pretty fun. I was there with Elder Maciel who came into the mission with me. He is the district Leader up there and it was possibly the best exchange I have been on. He had a lot of questions about all kind of things and we bounced ideas off of each other. I think it worked because we found 3 people that now have baptismal dates up there. That is like as many as I had my whole 6 months up there! I would say I am jealous but I am just so excited for Thompson to get a baptism that I am not jealous. I think President Craig has taken it as a personal challenge to get a baptism there. There has not been a baptism there since he got in the mission. Elder Quinton had 2 people cancel the day of there and Elder Birchall, Elder Low and I all struck out up there! It is way overdue for a baptism and I think they will have one soon. An added bonus of our exchange was that I got Elder Maciel to run with me. We ran like for like 20 minutes at a descent pace but when we got back he was dead. We were however locked out with no way of getting in the apartment. So we scaled up the side of the building over peoples balconies and entered in through our balcony. That about made Elder Maciel pass out but hey we lived. He then collapsed on the living room floor for like half an hour because of exhaustion but it was good for him :). We did a ton of finding which obviously payed off. Best part is Elder Timms and Wilcox found a new investigator too and he also has a date to be baptized. 4 new baptismal dates found in 1 day! It is great! They also had branch home evening so I saw the branch members like Brother Hinds and the Basallos. It was too short of a visit but oh well. I will most likely not go back again until after the mission. On Wednesday afternoon we hit the road again and we drove to the PEG! I spent quite a bit of time that day thinking about the day I hit the MTC because AnneE went in on that day. Petty Crazy to think that she is in there. I am excited for her. That drive was also very long but we traveled safe despite rain for ALL 8 HOURS! I love that drive though. It is gorgeous. Sadly we did not hit any cranes. On thursday we exchanged with Winnipeg Spanish Elders because the Spanish district is in the Brandon zone. We attended their District meeting and it was in SPanish. I thought it was a little pointless but it is what we do on exchanges I guess. Elder Helaman Hernandez from Scott and Cassandras ward was there via skype so I talked to him (in English). That exchange is always fun because compamnionship unity is tough when one person can't communicate but it gave me the chance to help him in other aspects of the work. Friday we had MLC in winnipeg with all of the ZL's and Sister Training Leaders. It was a good meeting and we recieved some great training. We actually listened to some talks from the new mission presidents seminar given By Elder Neil L Anderson and president Russell M Nelson. We got back here friday night but we still were able to get some good things done in our area on Saturday. Needless to say I had THE FUNNEST week of my mission but I am excited to be back on the grind in Brandon! We put over 2200 km's on Rougey-Bear this week! It was fun.
Love you all!

Elder Stewart

The bird they hit en route.

Elder Stewart with the statue of Josiah Flintabbatey Flonatin. He founded Flin Flon. No joke.  Look it up!

That is North!!

Elder Stewart at Pisew Falls one year later.

Elder Stewart, Brother Hinds and an investigator in Thompson.

No comments:

Post a Comment