Friday, August 19, 2016

Aug 8/16 - A Fence and a Baptismal Interview for Thompson!

It was quite the week here in Brandon. I set a personal record for... least lessons taught in a week! It was slow to say the least. We were out of our area for a little bit because we had an exchange with the assistants to the President. I got to exchange with Elder Omer who was my Zone Leader in Regina. It was super fun but... his companion Elder Nicholes was sick so he had to stay in all day and Elder Timms and I ended up spending half a day each proselyting and half a day in their house with Elder Nicholes. That was a crying shame but I got to talk to them a lot and gain a fair bit of knowledge. They are some of the best missionaries in this mission (obviously). i did get to teach one lesson while there and did some finding! I was really hoping to get the chance to serve with Elder Omer but my chances are quite slim. My only chance to at this point would be to be the next assistant but I don't see it so I guess exchanges will have to do. We got back on wednesday and went to finish the fence we built for an investigator. It honestly looks soo good. It took way longer than expected but it worked out well. We are now just hoping and praying that she will be touched by the spirit and act on it. I am really learning that being happy is a choice, so is discouragement. Choose to smile!  :) 

After finishing the fence we did almost exclusively finding because nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach. We didn't have much teaching happening but our spirits are high! I have honestly loved serving with Elder Timms so much. Our first few weeks were pretty tough but I would say he may be my favorite companion now (at least top 5 haha). Elder Timms will be moving to Saskatoon to be a zone Leader there with another Canadian named Elder Lee. He is from Calgary. The Spanish Elders here are getting whitewashed meaning they are both leaving and two new missionaries are coming in. The sisters are pretty much getting whitewashed because Sister Miller is done so she is going home. Sister Morin is a visa waiter so she will be gone within a few weeks. For all intents and purposes I am the only missionary staying in Brandon. I am getting Elder Olcott here in Brandon to serve with me. He has been a zone Leader in Saskatoon for the past 7.5 months. I have heard good things about him. 

I sent this to President Craig to get his thoughts but you can answer too!
This week we were having a discussion with someone about eternal families and I had a very inspiring thought of how great that miracle really is! I also had the thought of how sad it would be to miss out on that blessing because of unrighteousness. My thoughts/studies turned to a favorite scripture of mine, Alma 5:27 where it invites us to ponder if we would consider ourselves sufficiently humble if we were to die at this moment. I thought that this was a pretty interesting scripture and it helped me do a sort of personal evaluation. I have written in my column of my Book of Mormon to ask myself this every day to keep myself accountable and worthy. I thought a lot about this and I was just wondering if you had any thoughts on how to effectively consider this within ones self on a daily basis and really receive an answer! I feel that this will really help me with my personal consecration as a servant of the Lord and really just as a person trying to be his very best! Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated! Thanks. It is kind of a scary thought but also a very exciting one that makes me grateful for the gospel. 

One exciting thing that did happen this week was I got to interview someone for baptism! THe best part is that he was from Thompson and I actually found him with Elder Maciel on exchanges when I was up there last month! He got confirmed yesterday so in the past 3 weeks Thompson has had 2 baptisms after 19 months of 0. They are doing work up there!

They closed down one zone and made a second zone in Winnipeg so Now Elder Birchall is in Winnipeg. Elder Low is still in Winkler. Elder Romeril is going to where Elder Birchall was just whitewashed out of in Fort Francis Ontario. I think that is all!

I Promise that I will have more to report next week! 

Love Elder Stewart

The Fence!! Who knew he was a builder???




No comments:

Post a Comment