Thursday, May 26, 2016

Week 1 In Brandon, MB

This week was a pretty crazy one! We learned last Monday about my assignment to come to Brandon to serve with Elder Timms. So that meant that I had to pack up my whole life from the past 4.5 months in 2 days. It wasn't that bad though. I got all packed up and stopped by a ton of people! I really think that the last day or two in an area can make a huge impact on the people there because that is likely the last time some of these people will ever see you so you can leave a very good final impression by bearing powerful testimony and extending commitments! We actually set a baptismal date with a man named Greg. He is the one who made the feather for me! I was actually really sad to leave sunrise but I feel like I was getting comfortable and there is no growth in a comfort zone so it is probably a good thing that I was transferred. Elder Grant got to sunrise Wednesday night so he, elder Romeril and I got to spend that night together. It was pretty fun and i have full confidence that they will continue to improve that area and to baptize people! I was especially sad to leave Devon and Anthony!

When I got to Brandon Thursday morning we wasted no time because we had a bunch of lessons planned! We don't teach nearly as much here as we did in Sunrise but I admire Elder Timms and Elder Griffin (who I replaced) because they focused on the elect and on those ready to be baptized and did not waste time! We have three people on date to be baptized, one of them is for June 4th! She may be the most prepared person I have ever met! We also have a guy for june 11 and one lady for June 25th. Elder timms and i set that date in our first day together! I love Brandon! Yesterday was my first Sunday but since it is May long weekend there are a ton of visitors so it was hard to get to know more people but the ward is friendly. There were a few different families visiting from southern AB. Elder Timms and I get along nicely and he has done well at showing me the ropes of being a ZL. It isn't that different though! Brandon is nice. I am quite surprised though, I thought because it is a little bigger that it would be very diverse but the majority of people are still Native. There are so many good people! Elder Timms is great, he reminds me of Seth Beck so we get along. I am honestly not really overwhelmed too much. It is nice being a zone leader because there are two of you but when you are district leader you are district leader and your comp is not. It sounds like we may not get back to Thompson at all, but hopefully. The Fawns's are in my zone and so they will definitely be at Zone training meeting when Elder Timms and I give the training. Dauphin is like 2-2.5 hours but we don't have a District leader there so I won't go there probably.  First Sunday was good. No one can play the piano though so that is too bad. We have like 70 people there and no pianist. A visitor played yesterday. Guess I should have practiced! 
Love you all have a great week!
Elder Stewart

Elder Stewart and the Lonechilds

Elder Stewart and Tony

Elder Stewart and Garrett. He is preparing to serve a mission.

Elder Stewart and the Orrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment