Thursday, May 26, 2016

Transfer Call Week

The weeks fly by way too fast these days and so do the transfers. Quite frankly so does the mission! This week we did a lot of teaching and that was great. In preparation for the possibility of Elder Romeril taking over the area I decided that we needed to help him to be super familiar with the area so we stopped by some older investigators and also saw other parts of our area. We did a ton of tracting (knocking on doors this week as well). I felt like we were super busy all the time. One thing that was very special and successful that we did was brought forward in an attempt to be more worthy and more prepared to hear from Elder Wilford W Andersen this past weekend. The zone leaders asked each companionship to only listen to talks by general authorities and MOTAB for a week and a half leading up to it. Man that was n ice, it is like extra study every time you get in the car. Also some of those old general authorities like Bruce R Mcconkie spit some major fire! It is wonderful! On wednesday we had a zone training meeting. It went really well and we focussed on relying on the spirit as we teach. Elder Fuentes and Elder Peterson (our zone leaders) did a great job presenting the training. After the meeting instead of going out to eat as a zone we decided to use the church kitchen and make a ton of french toast! It was lovely! On Saturday I got to conduct an exchange with Elder Santos who is from Olangapo Phillipines and has been in Canada for a week and a half. He speaks fairly good english and the exchange went well! We found a new investigator! It was actually quite miraculous, I had been praying to be abler to find people to teach because I wanted to leave this area better than I found it and my parents said they were also praying for it and lo and behold we found 8 new investigators this week! that is the second most in a week in my whole mission. I found some with Elder Romeril during the week, 1 with Elder Santos and 2 with Elder Maciel after the training on Saturday because they were stuck in Regina for stake conference with Elder Andersen. Elder Romeril also found 1 that night with another missionary. The Lord provides for our righteous desires if we are obedient! On Saturday as well we had a 2 hour training from Elder Andersen. He seemed like he didn't have anything prepared because he just went off stuff others said but it was some of the best training I have ever received. If I ever know my scriptures as well as that man then I will be very happy. He literally had a scripture to answer every question and the crazy thing was they weren't mainstream scriptures. Most o which were not even marked in my scriptures! I guess that means I have some studying to do. It was Amazing! Also At the Elder Andersen Training President Noblet (stake president here) talked about having the ZL's over for dinner. He said they asked him a question. "President Noblet, If you were to invite someone to learn about the gospel and that led to a baptism would you be in a better position to invite members of your stake to do the same?" obviously the answer is yes. So he did and ended up being prompted to pick up a hitchhiker (which he had not done in over 20 years). He did it and the man now has a baptismal date. That is my question to you! 

We got our transfer assignments today and I am being transferred. I am going to brandon to be a Zone Leader with Elder Timms. He is from Vancouver. I am excited. Elder Grant, my MTC companion,
is coming to replace me here as District Leader. I think so far training has been my favourite thing! One of the best parts is that guess who is in the Brandon Zone! Thompson Manitoba!!!!!!!!!. Elder Quinton is there right now as DL so I may get to go there for exchanges unless Elder Timms does instead!
Love you all!
Elder Stewart

Elder Stewart and Brother Dong, the Ward Mission Leader in Sunrise Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment