Thursday, May 26, 2016

April is Over?!?!?

This week was a really great week! It started out pretty interesting though! After emails on Monday we decided that all of the missionaries in the city (6 sets) would go to a trampoline park for P-day activity. It was a really good idea but we were all cautioned to be safe and not get hurt. Guess what happened 5 minutes in?? Elder Klatt broke his foot. It was just like it was bound to happen after the lecture the zone leaders had given us about being safe! We continued to jump and it was super fun! I kind of miss trampolines but I got my fix so I should be alright! On Tuesday we got tom turn one of our most solid investigators Vivek over to the YSA Zone Leaders because he is a YSA man. We had taught Vivek a few times and he is really interested. So to turn him over Elder Romeril and Elder Fuentes went to teach him and get fed lunch and Elder Peterson and i went to another lesson we had set up. It is always good to teach with older zone leaders because there is so much I can learn from them. I just hope I can be as helpful to others as they are to me. Anyways since they had lunch wih Vivek Elder Peterson and I were going to take lunch but we got called by one of our investigators who used to be a member of the church and she told us her Grandson was in the hospital and that she wanted us to give him a blessing. A huge step for her in her faith! Elder Peterson and i went and did that and it was miraculous! He had not been able to do anything all day and had not smiled at all. After Elder Peterson anointed with the oil he calmed down and sat still and after the blessing he was laughing and asked to go for a car ride and challenged Elder Peterson and I to a race in the cars. It was amazing how much comfort he was brought. He is still in the Hospital but the spirits are better and the doctors are doing all they can. On Thursday we had a zone wide find off, the zone leaders drew up a scoring system and it was district vs district. It isn't confirmed yet but I think the Sunrise district won!! That is us BTW. We also are doing this thing now where we as missionaries are assigned to be home teachers so we went home teaching to this family who is from Kenya and they had not been to church since I have been here but came on Sunday! That was exciting. Elder Romeril and I get along great and we are working very hard and being obedient. That is one thing i have gained such an appreciation for on my mission! Everything is so dependent on obedience. On Saturday I got to exhange with Elder Bennett which is still weird because he is from Taber but it was really good. We taught quite a few lessons and found some new potential investigators. We also had 2 meal appointments which has got to be a record for me at least! The absolute highlight of the week was this Sunday as it was fast Sunday was testimonies as well. Anthony Nahbexie got up and bore hist testimony! It made me think of When Lucas Noel did for the first time. I was so excited. 
Love you all!

Elder Sterwart

Also I will call at 6pm on Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment