Friday, January 1, 2016

Winnipeg Trip

On Monday morning we headed out to Winnipeg and we drove down in caravan from Ponton which is where we met up with the Elders from Flin Flon. They too are both Canadian so that is super nice! We got down into Winnipeg around dinner time but we had to go wash the car because we had interviews with President Craig that night. Our truck was so dirty that you couldn't even see the license plate (keep that in mind). We washed the car and then started heading over to the mission office. I didn't know how to find it so I was following Elder Timms from Flin Flon because he served in Winnipeg. I didn't want to lose him but in the first intersection I went through I saw a big flash behind me (my license plate was visible at this point). Now I am just waiting for an awkward phone call from the mission office telling me I got a photo radar :(.  I had to not think about it because I had my interview which was great! President Craig is the best! 

On Tuesday we had a Christmas Zone conference where the Assistants, President Craig, Sister Craig, the Sister training Leaders and some Zone leaders all gave portions. It was so good. They also fed us twice! One meal was a pork and rice dish and the other was Lasagne. Something President had asked us to do was prepare a 5 minute talk just in case he happened to call us to give it on the spot. Lucky me I was one of the 7 people called! I knew it was coming, I could just feel it but it was alright because I am starting to like talking. That night we all watched "It's a Wonderful Life". I was so excited because I even told Elder low a couple days earlier how I was sad I couldn't watch it this year because I watched it every year. That was a pretty fantastic day. On wednesday morning I got a call from Elder Joncas who is one of the Assistants and he informed me that we weren't allowed to leave Winnipeg because of road conditions. He said call him at 10:00 to see if we could leave then. We were allowed to! Flin Flon had some things to do so they were going to leave around 11:30 but by then the conditions got bad again so they couldn't leave. We were the only missionaries to leave Winnipeg that day. Even the Brandon missionaries didn't get permission. We made it home safe and without any photo radars I think haha. 

It was a good week for the rest of the week and it sure flew by. We were sad to learn that Pam is out of town for a long time because her dad had a stroke and a heart attack on the same day. We had our branch Christmas dinner on Saturday and we had a Chinese family who is investigation attend. It was great! We got all the leftovers and I seriously don't think we can eat it all! 

I hope you all have a great week and a Merry Christmas!
I love you all

Elder Stewart

Elder Stewart decorated for the Christmas party.


No comments:

Post a Comment