Tuesday, July 28, 2015

From Salt Lake City, UT to Thompson, MB!

Hey Everyone,
So I left the MTC at 2:30 am on Wednesday (July 22) and headed to the airport with 16 other missionaries who are also all headed to the PEG. We flew out at like 5:00 or something and I slept the whole way to Minneapolis. In Minneapolis we got breakfast quickly then got onto a really small plane and were on our way to the PEG. When we arrived in the PEG, me and the other two Canadians (one from northern BC and one from northern AB) were able to pretty much just go but all of the Americans had to go through customs which took forever. The Craigs and the AP's met us at the airport and they all seem great! We then went over to one of the churches and had a small meeting as well as our interviews with President Craig. They also fed us taco in a bag. After that we went over to the mission home which is SUPER nice! We relaxed and then ate another amazing meal of ham and baked potatoes. After dinner we had a testimony meeting and then went to bed. Sleeping at the mission home was much better than at the MTC. So was the food, I think if I could live there for two years I would! In the morning we woke up and had a fantastic breakfast of eggs, pancakes and bacon. It will be a while until I have that kind of breakfast again! We then went over to a different church and had initiation and stuff. That is where I saw Elder Binning and was assigned to get on a 10 hour bus ride to Thompson, Manitoba. They fed us pizza there. After that I had to wait until my bus left at 10:30 so I went and taught a lesson to a recent convert with Elder Carroll. After the lesson I went street contacting with another elder named Elder Timms from Vancouver. I then got on the bus and woke up in Thompson the next day. I was met at the greyhound station by Elder Birchall who has been out since April. He is from Utah and is a sweet guy and great missionary.     
I also met the Burkmans from Alaska. He is the Branch pres up here. Since being here I have mostly just been meeting people. On saturday, we drove 3 hours to a place called Leaf Rapids to build a deck for a lady in the branch. It was super fun actually. Yesterday I gave a talk in church on the Holy Ghost and I had to talk for 15 minutes!! There were 12 people there I believe so it wasnt too nerve racking, although people skype in as well. After church we went street contacting and taught a lesson to a guy who lives in our apartment. I will buy a coat if I need! There is a Mark's here so I can get boots here too.  I told the raft story in my talk so my pool of stories to tell in talks is much shorter.  Feel free to remind me of some! 
love you all! 
Elder Stewart



No comments:

Post a Comment