Tuesday, May 23, 2017

May 15, 2107 - Mother's Day

This week was a good week, we have began to work mostly with the Chinese people recently because they are some what untouched and are quite receptive to what we teach. 

Monday we did a few stop by's and then spent the balance of the night tracting. Monday was also my 22 month mark. Elder Wright is kind enough to remind me of that haha. Honestly though it just feels the same as any other day. I am doing a good job of not thinking about home (maybe to a fault) but that is a bridge to cross when I am there.

Tuesday was the joint-Zone Conference with the two Winnipeg Zones. That is about 50 people. Elder Wright and I got to give the same training as last week. I went well I think. Training from the assistants has a bit of a bad-rap because we always get the "dry" portions or the portions to improve obedience. They are important but not often the memorable ones or the ones that people look forward to. We tried to make it at least semi-entertaining so we tried to think of a scriptural account in which someone followed up on a commitment they had left. The first we thought of was Christ following up with His apostles after he died and they "went fishing". We also though of the Lord when Samuel was called to be an prophet, or when the Savior returned after the first day of ministering among the Nephites but in the most respectable way those are kind of boring/generic examples. So we pondered and I had a thought that must have been inspired because I am not actually smart enough to think of it but my idea was... Delilah. She is the greatest example of persistence, and consistent followup ever. She was relentless! So Elder Wright and I shared the story of Delilah completely out of context to try to illustrate what we were trying to help people understand. Delilah followed up with Sampson 3 additional times before she was successful in seeing her desire (in this case Unrighteous desire) realized. We need to see our righteous desires realized through faith as a principle of action and of power. We also expressed how each of our investigators will have negative "Delilahs in their life leading up to baptism that will affect them so our follow up needs to be more effective than Satans. We can count on him having daily contact... I think it was a pretty good portion but that may just be me.

That night we did some tracting and I think we may have taught a lesson but honestly i can't remember, it was all a blur.  We had a companionship with us that night who had a meeting with President. Because they were there we ended up having to go to Brandon Zone Conference the next day. So we got to give our portion there as well. The Brandon zone curently has no sisters in it so the STL's were not there. The zone leaders had prepared to give our portion and the sisters portion but since we went we gave ours and the Fawns were asked to give the STL portion. The poor Zone Leaders planned way more than they needed to. It's ok though because Elders Woolley and Bingham are really good guys. We had to leave at lunch from Brandon. Let me tell you the 3:00 blues (becoming very sleepy at 3:00, it happens regardless of what activity you are doing and only lasts for like 20 minutes) hit me and Elder Wright hard. It was hot out, we had to wake up early that morning and I was exhausted. Good thing he was thee so we could keep each other awake! We were supposed to teach Yong but he had to postpone so that was sad...

Thursday I was on exchanges in gateway's area. I served there for a transfer prior to coming to Waverley so that was kind of fun. I was with Elder Christeanson who is the Zone leader up there with Elder Grant. We had a busy day. The best part would have been teaching a recent convert and his non-member wife with President Craig. It was a good lesson and i just wish I could teach like President Craig, he is a good speaker. He is also a lawyer so that's expected. We also got to teach brother Pearce who I was working with pretty hard when i was up there. he was a PE when i was there and received the Melchizedek Priesthood since then and is now in temple prep. makes me happy to see him progress. he is like 85 years old too so he is getting it in just in time :). Overall it was a good day. 

Friday I actually got to proselyte in Waverely with Elder Wright. That was nice. We found a nice Chinese YSA kid who was interested. Other than that it was full of tracting and we had a meal appointment.

Saturday we had our lessons cancel so we literally had nothing all day. Kinda stinks because you can't really see any huge progress like you can when you teach a progressing investigator but it is also super nice because you can just get out there and talk to people all day. We did a bunch of finding from 10AM to 9PM. It was pretty rewarding after being in meetings and conferences for most of the last week. 

Sunday was Mothers day! Happy mothers Day mom I love you! Church was good, the Demarchi's fed us and we found 2 new investigators named Laura and Henry from China. I got to talk to the family met Brooke. Hope everyone had a good week!

Love Elder Stewart

No comments:

Post a Comment