Wednesday, August 12, 2015

A Great Week in Thompson...and a couple pics!

This week was great! Right after I finished emailing last week Elder Birchall and I went and played tennis. We decided that whoever won 4 games first didn't have to shave their legs but the other one did. I won four straight games and that was that! He really didn't want to have to shave his legs so he said lets go double or nothing. I agreed but this time if he lost he had to eat 25 perogies for breakfast on Tuesday. Well I won four more straight so he had a big breakfast. It was one of the grossest things I've ever seen because perogies don't taste very good after about #5. That night we taught an FHE to a family via skype so that was very neat! On Tuesday we had a great lesson that we taught with the Burkmans to a lady who seems very interested in the church. That day we also went out to Nelson House and taught some great lessons there as well.I cant remember if I told you or not but last week on the way to Nelson House we hit a sand hill crane and cracked our wind shield so we got that fixed! This week on the drive we didn't hit anything so that was a plus. Later in the week we met some east Indian kids who play soccer near the church everyday so we may make that a tradition to play with them. They are super nice and have a bunch of questions regarding what we are doing way up here in Thompson. A lot of people ask us that because they don't get many visitors here. On Saturday night we had dinner with a guy who is interested in what we believe but not in joining the church, but he is still one of the nicest guys. He is very passionate about what he believes and believe me there are no dull moments when he is around! He fed us a delicious pork BBQ and it made me think of home! Church was nice, I think we had 14 people there and two of them were less actives! We then taught one of the boys from that family over skype again because he is getting baptised next month. We are quickly learning that a 30 minute lesson with an 8 year old is too long. Yesterday for dinner we had home-made Shepherds pie with the Hindes. It was amazing!!! A lot better than the stuff I usually eat at the apartment. It has been a great week and Elder Birchall and i have been getting along great! We have some fantastic investigators and its exciting to see them progress!
I don't feel in danger at all but it is an interesting place! I like it.
Love you all!
Elder Stewart
Elder Moore and Elder Stewart- Companions at the MTC. Elder Moore is just a little bit taller than Elder Stewart...6'8"!

We mailed him a few pictures of the Saviour and he emailed and said  "I decorated!" We are not sure that word was in his repertoire before he left! It's pretty neat too...

1 comment: